Thursday, January 8, 2009

Does promoting your business on this site and others really result in sales?

This question was posed on Startup Biz Social Network. For the benefit of my clients and others who may be wondering the same thing, I've posted my reply here.


 

Yes, using social media to promote your business does work. I'm a promotional marketing advisor for WLB Enterprises and one of my clients came directly from my marketing efforts on an online social network. She called me out of the blue one day with a rush order for 100 megaphones.


 

Of course, you have to be careful that you project the proper image. I see many folks wasting time by posting their solicitations on other members' pages without qualifying them first. No one likes junk mail.


 

However, if you take the time to build relationships with other members whether they use your service or not, you will reap the rewards. The key is to focus on the long-term. Your online colleagues may not need your services today, but tomorrow they may desperately need them. If you practice intelligent follow up, you will not miss such opportunities to provide excellent service. Even if they never use your services, they may know someone who does.


 

Keep working your magic online and you will see results.


 

All the best,


 

Wyteria Jacobo

No comments: