Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Cure For Employee Turnover Part 2

I remember my first real job. It was at a prestigious law firm in my hometown in the Florida Panhandle. Things were going well for me- I was making about $5.50 an hour answering the phones and greeting clients. For the first time, I had pocket change and was already setting goals for myself--buy a car, move out, see more movies, etc. Everything a typical 19-year-old would aspire to have. Then, out of the blue, I was sent packing. I had no idea anything was wrong until the day I was fired.

I tell this story to tell you this: Your employees always need to know how they are doing in the pursuit of goals you set for them. Why? Because it keeps them on track and focused. When you add effective ways to measure quality and productivity, it all adds up to a more satisfied team working for you. Just remember to provide appropriate recognition when the team succeeds.
If you need help implementing a recognition program at your workplace, drop me a line at wlb.creativemarketing@gmail.com or visit our site WLB Enterprises.

No comments: