Saturday, June 21, 2008

Follow Up to Last Post


I received positive feedback from my donation to the Hispanic Bar Association's domino tournament. In fact, one member mentioned that she uses marketing materials and was promptly given a couple of my business cards. I look forward to following up with the different members to offer my marketing assistance. This brings me to another important key to business success and networking.


Follow up is extremely important. The person you meet today may not need your services or products right now but they may need them further down the road. If you have not kept in touch, they may not remember to call you when their desire for your services is most urgent.


Of course, you'll want to practice intelligent follow up. By intelligent, I mean not asking them if they are ready to buy every time you speak with them. Send them an article you think they would find interesting. Congratulate them on a recent success you heard about. Email them your newsletter. Stop by just to thank them for a referral. Call them and ask them what would be a good lead for them. In this way, you will be cultivating a relationship with your prospect; thus, he or she will be more likely to buy from you when the need arises because you are now perceived as a trusted friend-- not some nameless salesperson.


Happy selling!


No comments: