Monday, June 30, 2008

WALL-E and the Green Movement

My husband and I took the kids to see WALL-E this weekend. I didn't get to see much of the movie because my 18-month-old decided that running around the movie theater was much more fun than sitting still :). Even though I only saw bits and pieces of the movie, I was deeply moved by the scenes I watched.

For example, the opening scene shows WALL-E stacking up garbage in neat little piles in a landfill. When the camera moves away, you realize that the "skyscrapers" are really piles of garbage and that the entire landscape is one giant field of rubbish. Can you imagine what our lives would be like if our earth really did resemble a garbage dump? Anyway, WALL-E got me thinking that my green initiatives are right on time.

Speaking of green initiatives, guess what I found for you! Your very own digital "green" catalog. Lots of goodies await you inside this treasure chest. To get one emailed to you, simply send me an email with "Green Sourcebook" in the Subject line to wlbenterprises@embarqmail.com.

No comments: